Abnatura carries out research and development on Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR) from the Bacillus group. PGPRs are scientifically recognized to improve plant growth, yield and protection based on multiple modes of action:
· Biological fertilizing by bacteria colonising the rhizosphere to improve growth and health.
· Atmospheric nitrogen fixation
· Increasing absorption of phosphorous and micro-nutrients
· Induction of systemic plant resistance (ISR)
· Secretion of molecules preventing and suppressing diseases
· Competition with pathogens for space and nutrients